What is Power Point in Building Services?
Receptacle is a contact device installed at the outlet for the connection of an attachment plug.
Power point is referred to the point where the electrical appliance is suppose to be permanently connected to the power cable. (Ex: Water heater, Urinal sensor, Water closet sensor, hand dryer…). So, we sometimes see spared power cable expose from the position where the appliance supposed to install.
What is Power Point in Building Services? the Design
The position and number of socket outlet referred to bellow requirement:
- Architectural drawing
- Purpose of room or building
- Recognized Standard (NEC, IEC,…)
Note: Designer must take into account selection of
receptacle’s type to suite the installation.
Receptacle and power point Layout shall consist of:
- Position of socket outlet/point:
- Shall included the installation height for wall mounted outlet.
- Shall clearly defined the symbol.
- Circuit Number:
- Shall include Panel to be connect from and phase.
- Location of Electrical Panel:
- Shall indicated only the panel connect the power from.
Circuiting of receptacle outlet, isolator switch & Power Point:
- Provide a circuit for every 8 socket outlet
- Provide a separated circuit for huge consumption equipment
such as: laundry, Kitchen equipment, 3-phase socket,…