Calculate cement sand and aggregate quantity: Quantities of materials for concrete such as cement, sand and aggregates for production of required quantity of concrete of given mix proportions such as 1:2:4 (M15), 1:1.5: 3 (M20), 1:1:2 (M25) can be calculated by absolute volume method. This method is based on the principle that the volume of fully compacted concrete is equal to the absolute volume of all the materials of concrete, i.e. cement, sand, coarse aggregates and water.
A Concrete structure may consists of beams, slabs, columns and foundations etc. based on type of structure. The volume of concrete required for concrete structure can be calculated by summing up the volumes of each structural member or each parts of members.
The volume of a rectangular cross sectional member can be calculated as length x width x height (or depth or thickness). Suitable formula shall be used for different cross-sectional shapes of members.
Calculate cement sand and aggregate quantity
In this lecture, I’ll show you how to figure out how much cement, sand, and aggregate that is needed for any grade of concrete (M10, M15, M20 & M25), and at the end, I will provide you the excel sheet of this calculation in which you will only need to put the input values to get the results for all grades of concrete. Calculating the quantity of materials needed for any grade of concrete is simple. All you have to do is follow this simple procedure. The procedure is done with the following steps;
1) Calculate the volume of concrete (wet volume) Volume = Length x Width x Height
2) Calculate the dry volume by using the formula; Dry volume = Wet volume x 1.54
3) Volume of cement required; Volume of cement = Ratio of cement/total ratio x dry volume
Number of cement bags required
No of cement bags = Volume of cement/volume of 1 bag of cement
4) Volume of sand required; The volume of sand = Ratio of sand/total ratio x dry volume
5) Volume of aggregate required; The volume of aggregate = Ratio of aggregate/total ratio x dry volume