Civil 3D-AutoCAD Designer: In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next! When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Job Description: Civil 3D-AutoCAD Designer
Ready to put your design skills to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy working closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design? Parsons is now hiring a Designer for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your design knowledge and technical skills will propel your career forward. This role offers the opportunity to work from home.
We need our Civil Designers at this level to apply standard design principles and theories to complete assignments. In this role you will develop difficult and complex working drawings from equipment specifications, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Our designers understand the materials and methods normally used within the assigned discipline. AutoCAD Designer
Responsibilities: AutoCAD Designer
- Utilizes AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare engineering drawings consisting of site grading, paving, underground utilities, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures. Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
- Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
- Applies standard design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May assist in training lower level Designer/Drafters in various procedures.
- Checks drawings prepared by lower level Designer/Drafters for accuracy and adequacy.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Associate’s or equivalent technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent work experience) is preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Requirements include PC literacy, proficiency in utilizing
- AutoCAD Civil3D and other computer software used to complete design assignments.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
Salary Range: $27.36 – $47.88
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
For more Civil Engineering Jobs In U.S