Associate Civil Engineer (EIT) – Traffic Design in Tallahassee, FL: Not provided by employer
$63.6K – $80.6K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Florida.
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Are you interested in working on infrastructure projects?
We’re a community of individuals with different points of view who enjoy designing and building stuff. We genuinely value people who will articulate their perspectives and we’re looking for an Associate Traffic Engineer to join our team.
This position you’ll be groomed by senior level engineers to incorporate technology in the 3 areas: Connected or Autonomous Vehicles, STAMP, and Managed Lanes. Working knowledge of traffic engineering concepts including capacity analyses, traffic signal design, striping and pavement markings, roadway signage is a bonus. Familiarity with standard publications like Highway Capacity Manual, Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and AASHTO Green Book. The selected candidate will be expected to produce traffic analysis and simulation using software packages like Synchro/Sim Traffic, VISSIM and HCS. Familiarity with MicroStation is desirable.
We offer mentoring, training, education reimbursement, a bonus for your first PE license, great benefits and competitive salaries!
- Tallahassee, Florida
Responsibilities: Associate Civil Engineer
- Analyze traffic data including but not limited to traffic volumes, speed and crashes.
- You will be using technology to enhance safety and mobility for Florida.
- Conduct program management system services for the state of Florida in the following 3 areas: Connected or Autonomous Vehicles, STAMP, and Managed Lanes.
- Assist in developing traffic management and control plans, reports, and memos in addition to analyzing data of before and after studies of the implementation of new technologies.
- Assist in developing traffic signal timing and phasing design.
- Perform traffic simulations using software packages like Synchro/Sim Traffic, VISSIM and HCS.
- Work as part of a team with designers and other multi-disciplined engineers.
- Expected to meet tight deadlines and unexpected requirement changes.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field)
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is preferred
- Internship experience is a plus
- Experience using CAD Software
- Typically 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Working knowledge of design software (MicroStation is re preferred)
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities. Associate Civil Engineer
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Posted 30+ days ago