LV SWG need to be FULLY CERTIFIED as per IEC61439 -1 & 2.
IEC 61439 defines which points the manufacturer and the user of a switchgear and controlgear assembly have to define.
12 type-tests of LV Switchgear
Verification of construction
- Strength of material & parts (corrosion, insulating material, lifting)
- Degree of protection
- Clearance and creepage distances
- Effectiveness of the protective circuit
- Incorporating of switching devices &components
- Internal electrical circuit & connections
- Terminals of external conductors
- Dielectric properties
- Temperature-rise limit
- Short-circuit withstand strength
- Electro magnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Mechanical operation
12 type-tests of LV Switchgear help users to get a safe use of the equipment. Owner and contractor should be aware on this.